Great news – at least for me, ha! By some miracle I actually won the Survarium Music Contest, which I’ve entered recently by submitting several tracks under my “Ray Kosmick” moniker.
The Survarium Music Contest was opened by Vostok Games, calling on the game community to produce music for the upcoming massive multiplayer shooter Survarium (which is currently in beta and already looks and plays great, by the way, you should check it out). The competition was in two categories: covers of the game’s main theme, composed by Dargalon (first prize); and new original tracks for the game (multiple second prizes). The winners were selected by the developer and will be included in the game soundtrack.
After a few months and 9 entries (one of them a collaboration with the Slovak producer and composer Alyctro), I managed to win the first prize for my cover of the main theme (a nice pair of Sennheiser HD 380 Pro headphones which actually came in the nick of time, because I actually need them :D)… AND one of the second prizes, as one of my original contributions (Nightfall 2) is going to be included into the game soundtrack as well, so I’m also getting a load of in-game currency and a special decal! Too bad I can’t shoot for shit and everybody manages to kill me on sight 🙂
So, without further ado, here are the winning tracks:
And a playlist of all the entries:
So now I’m off to be shot in the game’s beta a few more times…
Phew, finally finished recording & editing drums for the upcoming Coenurus album – about a dozen tracks, many of them very intricate and more than a little “peculiar” 🙂
Well, just in time for 2015, too! Now Rich – who’s actually “Coenurus“, I’m just contributing the drums – will take over (record everything else and mix the monstrosity). Well, it’s been quite a psychedelic ride!
The following track is my final contribution to the Survarium Music Contest. It is the result of an interesting collaboration with a Slovak composer and producer Alyctro.
Alex Turčáni (Alyctro): original idea, music, production, graphics; guitar, bass
Borut Praper (Ray Kosmick): arrangement, production, mix, mastering; drums, keyboards, additional music, bass & guitar
After the last two somewhat sentimental miniatures, here’s another couple of less catchy tunes for the Survarium Music Contest. I think this is it from me for on this occasion… Well, apart from a promising collaboration we’re still working on with Alyctro, which should be finished next week. Just in time, actually, as the contest ends on 28 November.
Here are two more contributions for the <a href="http://survarium viagra envio 24 horas.com/en/news/survarium-music-contest” target=”_blank”>Survarium Music Contest – a relatively cheesy semi-orchestral piece and a saccharine orchestral miniature this time…
Submitted another somewhat dark and dramatic track for the Survarium Music Contest recently:
Got one more in the works which I may send in or not, depends on how it turns out…
I submitted two more tracks for the <a href="http://survarium viagra generica.com/en/news/survarium-music-contest” target=”_blank”>Survarium Music Contest. Nightfall 1 is an original track, a kind of an electronic, atmospheric and rather dramatic little composition trying to convey a bit of suspense… And I’ve also edited the Main Theme Cover and produced a shorter version of it, as the initial submission was quite lengthy. Here they are:
Survarium is an upcoming massive multiplayer shooter that looks quite interesting to me. It’s somewhat reminiscent of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, which I liked a lot (both games include references to the Russian sci-fi novel Roadside Picnic and I’m sure Survarium looks to Stalker for inspiration). It’s very neat how these guys get the gaming community involved… Besides, it’s fun, so why not. I’ll probably submit another short “miniature” of a track or two if I have the time. Who knows, maybe they’ll find it useful, although people have already submitted heaps of tracks, so they’ll have a LOT to choose from.
Submitted a cover of the main theme for the Survarium music contest. Survarium is an upcoming massive multiplayer shooter (at www.survarium.com).
The first full-length album by Ray Kosmick and His Porn Groove Crew entitled Something for Nothing has just been released on Jamendo, where you can download it free of charge.
Hope you enjoy it… And feel free to comment on it or review it even if you don’t 🙂
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything here… But after all the summertime frolicking as well as work (also been focusing on things other than music there for a while) it’s about time to haul my corpulent behind back to the studio again. So here’s a quick status report:
- 11 new Cynicism Management tracks, which are to appear on the next full-length album, are finished – I mean composition and lyrics. We’re about to start recording the vocals and then the final production/mixing process will finally begin.
- Currently recording drums for the Coenurus project. The material is coming along nicely indeed, but I guess it’ll be a few months before all of the tracks that are planned for the next full-length release are finished.
- I’ve also started working on some shorter and more “goal-oriented” tracks specifically for music licensing purposes. I wonder how that’ll turn out…
- After the release of the Something for Nothing album, Ray Kosmick has been on the back burner for a while, but this elusive fictional character will eventually release some of the aforementioned “goal-oriented” tracks under his own name… Well, or at least the longer, “full” versions of these tracks, which will undoubtedly be created in the process.
- Also rehearsing with a relatively small live acoustic blues band. Since I have no intention or inclination to lug my somewhat hefty and complex drum set to a bunch of seedy dives around Berlin, my setup for this project consists of a cajon, some cymbals and hi-hat. I may be tempted to add some percussion toys gradually, but certainly not too many, because I have to be able to take everything with me in a couple of bags without dislocating my spine. The first gig is scheduled for 13 September, and this breathtaking international premiere will take place at Savo’s at around 9 p.m.
That’s about it… Hopefully I’ll be able to start posting new Cynicism Management demos in the foreseeable future – as quickly as Monika is able to record the vocals and I manage to mix them.